Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Harrison B. Caudill" <ku...@cc.gatech.edu> on 2004/02/25 16:52:13 UTC

[svn 1.0 FreeBSD] Link Error

cd /usr/ports/devel/subversion
make -DWITH_MOD_DAV_SVN all install

reports the link error:

/usr/ports/devel/subversion/work/subversion-1.0.0/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr-1.so:
undefined reference to `apr_file_mtime_set'

I tried a make deinstall for apr, apr-svn.  And recieved a link error for
something else.  Reinstalled devel/apr-svn *only* (as per suggestion
listed in the text sent to stdout when first running make, it suggested
removing devel/apr).

I've just cvsuped so I have the latest stuff.

Thanks in advance guys

--
Harrison Caudill                        |  .^        www.hypersphere.org
Computer Science & Physics Double Major |  | Me*Me=1

Re: [svn 1.0 FreeBSD] Link Error

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 10:52, Harrison B. Caudill wrote:
> cd /usr/ports/devel/subversion
> make -DWITH_MOD_DAV_SVN all install
>
> reports the link error:
>
> /usr/ports/devel/subversion/work/subversion-1.0.0/subversion/libsvn_subr/.libs/libsvn_subr-1.so:
> undefined reference to `apr_file_mtime_set'

This error means you're linking to a very old apr library.  I would
contact the appropriate maintainer(s) for the apr and svn ports.

Re: [svn 1.0 FreeBSD] Link Error

Posted by Paul Gross <pa...@grosss.net>.
I had a similar problem a while back.  I was told to remove devel/apr
because it conflicts with the apr in apache.  So, try uninstalling all
of the apr ports, and then run your make command for subversion again.
This is what worked for me.

Paul

Re: [svn 1.0 FreeBSD] Link Error

Posted by Paul Gross <pa...@grosss.net>.
You might want to use -DWITH_BERKELEYDB=db42 to get Berkeley DB version
4.2.52 instead of 4.0.14

Paul

Re: [svn 1.0 FreeBSD] Link Error