Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Jackson SBS PGST <sp...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/17 20:06:16 UTC

i am looking for professional tomcat support for enterprise

does anyone of any good companies that provide tomcat AND/OR Geronimo
support?
thanks
David
Siemens PG

Re: i am looking for professional tomcat support for enterprise

Posted by Johnny Kewl <jo...@kewlstuff.co.za>.
David, if you dont mind me saying so... you sound like someone that is
cheesed off with the service they getting.
Thing you need to understand (I'm no expert either in the biz area) is that
the products the big brand name companies push are in fact based on open
source products.
Now if you look at this IBM page,
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/info1/websphere/index.jsp?tab=landings/was-ce
the first paragraph will tell you why the technical guys here are going.....
huh!

So, I get the feeling that what you really saying is you dont want the
proprietary whiz bang packaging around the open source products, you may not
even need the complexity of an application server.... just make me free of
licenses.

If that is the case... then what you really looking for is Apache
developers, maybe a few guys in a smaller company... they will be able to
help you.
If you have being taken down whiz bang... now a major mess lane.... I
suggest you find yourself some good impartial open source developers to help
you.
If you go to any large company... sure they know Tomcat.... but they not
going
to sell that to you either, even if it is part of the package.

Anyway I dont think you are going to get a direct port... to make you
free, will require employing some good impartial Apache guys.

Suggest you just leave your location (Orlando)
and contact details in the group for a while, and see who contacts you.

Good luck...

Posted by Simon Kok <Si...@rewardstream.com>.
Hi Tom,

What are you using to monitor your web applications?

-- Simon.

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
is anybody looking in on this thread with incredulity?

jeebus help me

Posted by "Fargusson.Alan" <Al...@ftb.ca.gov>.

Posted by David Jackson SBS PGST <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by randy repasa <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Our project has been a customer of Covalent (www.covalent.net and
www.covalent.com) for two years and we've had no complaints with their
support so far, you might want to give them a try.

Thanks,
Randy