Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Barry Haddow <ba...@orbism.com> on 2003/05/19 16:47:12 UTC

.htaccess and WebPagePortlet

Hi

I'm trying to use a WebPagePortlet to access a website which uses .htaccess
password protection. Because I want each user to be able to enter their own
username/password combination, I inserted the following tags in the <portlet-
entry> of the .xreg file:
        <parameter name="username" value="" />
        <parameter name="password" value="" />
When the user clicks on the 'Customise' icon at the top of the portlet, they
are then able to enter their username and password. However, I have found that
I have to restart tomcat in order for the change of username/password to take
effect. This isn't very helpful, is there a better way to handle .htaccess from
within a WebPagePortlet?

jetspeed v1.4b4
toncat v4.1.18

thanks
Barry

Re: .htaccess and WebPagePortlet

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 07:47  AM, Barry Haddow wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to use a WebPagePortlet to access a website which uses
> .htaccess
> password protection. Because I want each user to be able to enter
> their own
> username/password combination, I inserted the following tags in the
> <portlet-
> entry> of the .xreg file:
>         <parameter name="username" value="" />
>         <parameter name="password" value="" />
> When the user clicks on the 'Customise' icon at the top of the
> portlet, they
> are then able to enter their username and password. However, I have
> found that
> I have to restart tomcat in order for the change of username/password
> to take
> effect. This isn't very helpful, is there a better way to handle
> .htaccess from
> within a WebPagePortlet?
>
> jetspeed v1.4b4
> toncat v4.1.18
>
> thanks
> Barry

Try setting the properties twice (save, go back into customize, press
save again)
There seems to be a general bug in setting properties, and taking twice
to update the settings

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software