Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Adam Greene <ag...@romulin.com> on 2003/05/22 16:59:57 UTC

Problem with inherited bindings.

This refers to Tapestry 2.2

I have a component that I developed that has a hidden within it.  I have a
parameter on my component called value, I use an inherited binding to
connect value to the hidden's value binding.  I have all the necessary
support code within the component to deal with the valueBinding objects.
The first time the page is displayed with the component in it, everything
goes as planned.  The second time the page is displayed, the method
getValueBinding() is not called, and the value binding on the hidden
receives the String "value" as it's value.  I changed it so that the hidden
is attached to <binding name="value" expression="value"> and created
getValue() and setValue() and everything works properly.  Is there a known
problem with inherited bindings (or just with me :-).

I wish I could provide the code, but it is for a component that we are
developing as part of a commercial project.
Adam Greene
Director of Software Development
RGI
885 Main St, Suite 16