Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net> on 2009/03/02 09:40:00 UTC

Re: [Studio] Next Release Roadmap

Hi Stefan,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 6:31 PM, Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> The last release of Studio was end of November 2008 so I want to ask if
> we would release a new version around ApacheCon?

I think it could be a good. As Emmanuel has a talk on Apache DS and will
probably talk (a little) about Studio, I think it could be interesting to
have updated version ready.

> The major improvement we have is the multi-language support, thanks to
> Felix for the work. I think we have to finish the french translation and
>  to review the german translations but it is almost finished.

I will give some help to Emmanuel who has already started the french
translation.

> Then some issues with non-editable attributes are fixed. All attributes
> are editable now, even they are not in the schema or operational.

Nice. :)

Last not least a very nasty bug is fixed [1] which needs a quick
> release, IMHO.

+1

> So the question is if we want to get out an 1.4.0 till end of March and
> which other features we should include? Otherwise we should release a
> 1.3.1 with important bug fixes soon.

I think this would be great to have a new major release (meaning 1.4.0). The
translations by themselves deserves a new major release.

I would like also to move to the latest Eclipse dependencies as Eclipse
3.4.2 has been released just a few days ago. That's would be a great timing.

We don't have much time if we want to have this release to be out on the
opening day of ApacheCon (march 23rd), but I'm sure we can make it.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud