Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sagar Pidaparthi <Sa...@chordiant.com> on 2004/12/14 16:33:33 UTC

.NET client

Hi,

I wrote a simple .NET client and it does not work.  I would appreciate any help.

Here are my steps  on AXIS 1.1

1.  I write a simple class called SecurityMgr and publish as wrapped literal
2.  use wsdl command and point it to the url and it generates SecurityMgrService.cs
3. I use csc and produce a SecurityMgrService.dll
4. I write a simple tester

// SecurityTester.cs
//
using System;
public class SecurityTester
{
  public static void Main()
  {
    SecurityMgrService objWS = new SecurityMgrService();
    Console.WriteLine("the authentication token is " + objWS.authenticate("hmonroe","hmonroe"));
  }
}

5. I use csc to compile SecurityTester.cs along with SecurityMgrService.dll
6. I use the .exe to run

I dont see the authentication token.

This works well in java.

Can any one explain what is going wrong?
Is wrapped the best way to deploy for inter-operability?
Does any one have small example of c# that works?

regards

Sagar

Re: .NET client

Posted by Lyndon Tiu <lt...@alumni.sfu.ca>.
Sagar Pidaparthi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I wrote a simple .NET client and it does not work.  I would appreciate any help.
>
>Here are my steps  on AXIS 1.1
>
>1.  I write a simple class called SecurityMgr and publish as wrapped literal

Without sending us the Java web service code and the Java web service
wsdl, it will be hard to determnine the issue.

Your problem is typical of Java and C# iterop. No such things as easy.

--
Lyndon Tiu