Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Leandro <ll...@uyuyuy.com> on 2004/11/08 15:03:27 UTC

spam mails with missing from

How can I mark as spam mails with missing "From" ?

Thanks.

Leandro LATTANZIO.

Re: spam mails with missing from

Posted by jplesset <ja...@dp-design.com>.
You are correct.  I apologize.

jay

Re: SA using blacklists ?.

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> >I also have another cf file for drug contents , how can I specify
spamassassin
> >to use it ?.
>
> Sa will always try to parse all .cf files in /etc/mail/spamassassin/.
Thus,
> you only need to copy a file there and restart spamd to use it.

But note that antidrug is already part of 3.0, so your local rules may no
longer be needed.

        Loren

Re: SA using blacklists ?.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:44 AM 11/8/2004, hitete@free.fr wrote:
>How can I check if Spamassassin is really doing domain lookups ?.
>( I have a list like this in local.cf :
>
>blacklist_from *@domain1
>blacklist_from *@domain2)

Try running a message with one of those from domains in it through SA?

>I also have another cf file for drug contents , how can I specify spamassassin
>to use it ?.

Sa will always try to parse all .cf files in /etc/mail/spamassassin/. Thus,
you only need to copy a file there and restart spamd to use it.

SA using blacklists ?.

Posted by hi...@free.fr.
How can I check if Spamassassin is really doing domain lookups ?.
( I have a list like this in local.cf :

blacklist_from *@domain1
blacklist_from *@domain2)

I also have another cf file for drug contents , how can I specify spamassassin
to use it ?.

I have a lot of false positives..
/hitete

Re: spam mails with missing from

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> I receive spam mails with missing from.
> subject: variable
> body: empty
>
> but I wan´t mark as spam mails with empty body.

SARE has a rule for that in one of the files, I don't recall which.

Off the top of my head (and this may have errors in it) you could do
something like this:

header    __LW_GOOD_FROM    From =~ /\s/
body    __LW_GOOD_BODY    /\s/
meta    LW_EMPTY_MAIL    !__LW_GOOD_FROM && !__LW_GOOD_BODY
score    LW_EMPTY_MAIL    1
describe    LW_EMPTY_MAIL    No Body from Nobody

    Loren

Re: spam mails with missing from

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> I would advise against marking mails without "from" as spam.
>
> Internet RFC requires that DSN (Delivery Status Notice) not have a
> "from".  So, if you eliminate such, you are dropping valid/useful mails.

Possibly so.  And I would also argue against dropping mails solely because
they lack a From: header.

But FWIW, I don't believe that I've received more than one or two mails, if
that, in the last several years that lacked a from and weren't a broken spam
message.  I'd want to mass-check such a rule, but I bet it would be pretty
decent.

I do have a check for missing from and missing subject, and another for
missing from and missing body.  Both of those seem to only trigger on spam,
at least here.

        Loren

Re: spam mails with missing from

Posted by jplesset <ja...@dp-design.com>.