Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Robert Gurule <rg...@lanl.gov> on 2010/07/08 21:31:56 UTC

Re:IMAP SSL On James Server Trunk

Hi Norm,
   The documentation I've found says that I should use port 993 for IMAP
SSL, I don't see any documentation in the imapserver.xml, while I do in
pop3server.xml which I am not using (<pop3server enabled="false">),  I
would expect to see similar xml in the imapserver.xml if indeed it was
being used?  I keep getting the following while trying to use port 993:

INFO  13:23:23,968 | james.fetchmail | FetchMail Disabled
FetchMail Disabled
INFO  13:23:24,030 | james.imapserver | IMAP Service is running on:
roberto.la
nl.gov.
INFO  13:23:24,030 | james.imapserver | IMAP Service handler hello name
is: ro
berto.lanl.gov.
INFO  13:23:24,030 | james.imapserver | IMAP Service handler connection
timeou
t is: 360
INFO  13:23:24,030 | james.imapserver | IMAP Service connection backlog
is: 20
0
Jul 8, 2010 1:23:25 PM
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketPipel
ineSink
WARNING: Failed to initialize an accepted socket.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.james.imapserver.netty.NioImapServer$1.getPipeline(NioIm
apServer.java:103)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketPipelineSink$Boss
.registerAcceptedChannel(NioServerSocketPipelineSink.java:257)
        at
org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerSocketPipelineSink$Boss
.run(NioServerSocketPipelineSink.java:229)
        at
org.jboss.netty.util.internal.IoWorkerRunnable.run(IoWorkerRunnable
.java:46)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolEx
ecutor.java:886)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecut
or.java:908)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Jul 8, 2010 1:26:34 PM

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

I just tested the imaps stuff with trunk.. The problem you described
are not present, so I guess you use not up to date trunk version.
Anyway I found another problem which broke the handshake. I fixed it
and trunk now works as aspected.

To get the fix you will need to upgrade to latest trunk version. If
you have already emails in your database you will need to replace
every #mail value with #private value in the Mailbox table.

Bye,
Norman

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@apache.org>.
Are you using latest trunk ?