Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Nabil Shuhaiber <na...@shuhaiber.com> on 2013/01/19 12:35:30 UTC

IndexingConfiguration not being applied

I have spent the last few days trying to work this one out with no luck so
far. I can’t find any bug reports so I must be doing something very obvious
wrong. I am using latest stable Jackrabbit 2.4.3 and have made the tika fix
to get full text search working.

Put simply I am able to run the query “SELECT * FROM [nt:resource] AS doc
WHERE CONTAINS(doc.*, 'DILIGENCE')” and get 2 results back. I want to apply
the indexing configuration below and be able to run the query “SELECT *
FROM [nt:file] AS doc WHERE CONTAINS(doc.*, 'DILIGENCE')” to get the same
results.

I have done the following as per the wiki to enable the index configuration:

1)      Added “<param name="indexingConfiguration"
value="${wsp.home}/indexing-configuration.xml"/>” to the repository.xml
SearchIndex element of the workspace.

2)      Added “<param name="indexingConfiguration" value="
${rep.home}/indexing-configuration.xml"/>” to the repository.xml
SearchIndex element of the repository.

3)      Added “<param name="indexingConfiguration" value=" ${
wsp.home}/indexing-configuration.xml"/>” to the workspace.xml SearchIndex
element of both the workspaces (default and security).

4)      Placed the indexing-configuration.xml in all the correct locations.

See below for my full indexing-configuration.xml,  repository.xml and
workspace.xml.

Would really appreciate some help. This is driving me crazy :) Thanks

Nabil

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE configuration SYSTEM "
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/indexing-configuration-1.2.dtd">
<configuration xmlns:jcr="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/1.0"
               xmlns:nt="http://www.jcp.org/jcr/nt/1.0">

    <aggregate primaryType="nt:file">
        <include>jcr:content</include>
        <include>jcr:content/*</include>
        <include-property>jcr:content/jcr:lastModified</include-property>
    </aggregate>

</configuration>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Workspace name="default">
        <!--
            virtual file system of the workspace:
            class: FQN of class implementing the FileSystem interface
        -->
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}"/>
        </FileSystem>
        <!--
            persistence manager of the workspace:
            class: FQN of class implementing the PersistenceManager
interface
        -->
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager">
          <param name="url" value="jdbc:derby:${wsp.home}/db;create=true"/>
          <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="${wsp.name}_"/>
        </PersistenceManager>
        <!--
            Search index and the file system it uses.
            class: FQN of class implementing the QueryHandler interface
        -->
        <SearchIndex
            <param name="path" value="${wsp.home}/index"/>
            <param name="supportHighlighting" value="true"/>
            <param name="indexingConfiguration"
value="${wsp.home}/indexing-configuration.xml"/>
        </SearchIndex>
    </Workspace>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
   contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
   The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
   (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
   the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

   limitations under the License.
-->

<!DOCTYPE Repository
          PUBLIC "-//The Apache Software Foundation//DTD Jackrabbit 2.0//EN"
          "http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/repository-2.0.dtd">

<!-- Example Repository Configuration File
     Used by
     - org.apache.jackrabbit.core.config.RepositoryConfigTest.java
     -
-->
<Repository>
    <!--
        virtual file system where the repository stores global state
        (e.g. registered namespaces, custom node types, etc.)
    -->
    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
        <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository"/>
    </FileSystem>

    <!--
        data store configuration
    -->
    <DataStore class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.FileDataStore"/>

    <!--
        security configuration
    -->
    <Security appName="Jackrabbit">
        <!--
            security manager:
            class: FQN of class implementing the JackrabbitSecurityManager
interface
        -->
        <SecurityManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.DefaultSecurityManager"
workspaceName="security">
            <!--
            workspace access:
            class: FQN of class implementing the WorkspaceAccessManager
interface
            -->
            <!-- <WorkspaceAccessManager class="..."/> -->
            <!-- <param name="config" value="${rep.home}/security.xml"/> -->
        </SecurityManager>

        <!--
            access manager:
            class: FQN of class implementing the AccessManager interface
        -->
        <AccessManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.DefaultAccessManager">
            <!-- <param name="config" value="${rep.home}/access.xml"/> -->
        </AccessManager>

        <LoginModule
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.authentication.DefaultLoginModule">
           <!--
              anonymous user name ('anonymous' is the default value)
            -->
           <param name="anonymousId" value="anonymous"/>
           <!--
              administrator user id (default value if param is missing is
'admin')
            -->
           <param name="adminId" value="admin"/>
        </LoginModule>
    </Security>

    <!--
        location of workspaces root directory and name of default workspace
    -->
    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
defaultWorkspace="default"/>
    <!--
        workspace configuration template:
        used to create the initial workspace if there's no workspace yet
    -->
    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <!--
[...]

        Configures the versioning
    -->
    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
        <!--
            Configures the filesystem to use for versioning for the
respective
            persistence manager
        -->
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">
            <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/version" />
        </FileSystem>

        <!--
            Configures the persistence manager to be used for persisting
version state.
            Please note that the current versioning implementation is based
on
            a 'normal' persistence manager, but this could change in future
            implementations.
        -->
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.pool.DerbyPersistenceManager">
          <param name="url"
value="jdbc:derby:${rep.home}/version/db;create=true"/>
          <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="version_"/>
        </PersistenceManager>
    </Versioning>

    <!--
        Search index for content that is shared repository wide
        (/jcr:system tree, contains mainly versions)
    -->
    <SearchIndex
        <param name="path" value="${rep.home}/repository/index"/>
        <param name="supportHighlighting" value="true"/>
        <param name="indexingConfiguration"
value="${rep.home}/indexing-configuration.xml"/>
    </SearchIndex>

    <!--
        Run with a cluster journal
    -->
    <Cluster id="node1">
        <Journal class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.MemoryJournal"/>
    </Cluster>
</Repository>

Re: IndexingConfiguration not being applied

Posted by Nabil Shuhaiber <na...@shuhaiber.com>.
Yes I deleted all the index folders and restarted jackrabbit server. I
checked the logs to make sure everything was getting reindexed.

--
Best Regards,
Nabil Shuhaiber

RE: IndexingConfiguration not being applied

Posted by Marcel Reutegger <mr...@adobe.com>.
Hi Nabil,