Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Harry Hartley <hh...@pobox.com> on 2004/09/21 12:48:33 UTC

ant build remote java.net.MalformedURLException (newbie Q)

I am trying to use the sample to deploy the test application from my local
machine to my remote server.

I have done all builds and deployments successfully, and everything works
fine (yippy!).

I have modified the build.xml to use the url and password for the manager
app on my remote server. This works partially. I am able to do lists, but
when I try to install, I get a  java.net.MalformedURLException error.
Looking at the build.xml, this makes sense. My assumption is that the
manager application looks at the

 <deploy url="${manager.url}"

            uername="${manager.username}"

            password="${manager.password}"

                        path="${app.path}"

            localWar="file://${build.home}"/>

and tells me hey dude, aint no such directory on my server.

So the question is, how to do an install from a local machine, running build
on a local machine (with tomcat installed), and install my war on a remote
machine. A couple of thoughts come to mind:

1)       FTP files to remote system using ant tasks.

2)       Use something other than 'file://' as designator of location.

3)       There is some other task or property for ant that handles this.

I should mention that locally I am behind a nat and using a typical cable
HSD account with dynamic ip assignment, so using my own IP is probably not
feasible.

Any Help? Thanks,

Harry

Re: ant build remote java.net.MalformedURLException (newbie Q)

Posted by Antony Paul <an...@hotmail.com>.
With Tomcat 4.1 I had this problem when I forgot to change the URL of the
remote manager when I changed testing from localhost to remote host. Also
check the remote machine have manager application installed and have user
with manager roles. Also check password.

rgds
Antony Paul

Posted by Harry Hartley <hh...@pobox.com>.
Thanks for replying Antony.