Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2014/08/13 21:10:37 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.98.5 is now available for download

​​
Apache HBase 0.98.5 is now available for download.  Get it from an Apache
mirror [1] or Maven repository.

​​
The list of changes in this release can be found in the release notes [2]
or following this announcement.

​​
Thanks to all who contributed to this release.

​​
Best,
​​
The HBase Dev Team

​​
1. http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hbase/
​​
2. http://s.apache.org/hIm
​
​HBASE-2217 VM OPTS for shell only
HBASE-3270 When we create the .version file, we should create it in a tmp
location and then move it into place
HBASE-7910 Dont use reflection for security
HBASE-11064 Odd behaviors of TableName for empty namespace
HBASE-11318 Classes in security subpackages missing @InterfaceAudience
annotations.
HBASE-11360 SnapshotFileCache causes too many cache refreshes
HBASE-11384 [Visibility Controller]Check for users covering authorizations
for every mutation
HBASE-11388 The order parameter is wrong when invoking the constructor of
the ReplicationPeer In the method "getPeer" of the class
ReplicationPeersZKImpl
HBASE-11480 ClientScanner might not close the HConnection created in
construction
HBASE-11516 Track time spent in executing coprocessors in each region.
HBASE-11518 doc update for how to create non-shared HConnection
HBASE-11534 Remove broken JAVA_HOME autodetection in hbase-config.sh
HBASE-11537 Avoid synchronization on instances of ConcurrentMap
HBASE-11541 Wrong result when scaning meta with startRow
HBASE-11545 mapred.TableSnapshotInputFormat is missing InterfaceAudience
annotation
HBASE-11551 BucketCache$WriterThread.run() doesn't handle exceptions
correctly
HBASE-11554 Remove Reusable poolmap Rpc client type.
HBASE-11555 TableSnapshotRegionSplit should be public
HBASE-11557 Counter.class should always be added as dependencyJar
HBASE-11558 Caching set on Scan object gets lost when using
TableMapReduceUtil in 0.95+
HBASE-11559 Add dumping of DATA block usage to the BlockCache JSON report.
HBASE-11561 deprecate ImmutableBytesWritable.getSize and replace with
getLength
HBASE-11565 Stale connection could stay for a while
HBASE-11566 make ExportSnapshot extendable by removing 'final'
HBASE-11579 CopyTable should check endtime value only if != 0
HBASE-11583 Refactoring out the configuration changes for enabling
VisibilityLabels in the unit tests.
HBASE-11586 HFile's HDFS op latency sampling code is not used
HBASE-11588 RegionServerMetricsWrapperRunnable misused the 'period'
parameter
HBASE-11594 Unhandled NoNodeException in distributed log replay mode
HBASE-11609 LoadIncrementalHFiles fails if the namespace is specified
HBASE-11620 Record the class name of Writer in WAL header so that only
proper Reader can open the WAL file
HBASE-11621 Make MiniDFSCluster run faster
HBASE-11623 mutateRowsWithLocks might require updatesLock.readLock with
waitTime=0
HBASE-11632 Region split needs to clear force split flag at the end of
SplitRequest run
HBASE-11649 Add shortcut commands to bin/hbase for test tools
HBASE-11650 Write hbase.id to a temporary location and move into place
HBASE-11651 Add conf which disables MetaMigrationConvertingToPB check (for
experts only)
HBASE-11654 WAL Splitting dirs are not deleted after replay.
HBASE-11662 Launching shell with long-form --debug fails
HBASE-11668 Re-add HBASE_LIBRARY_PATH to bin/hbase
HBASE-11722 Document new shortcut commands introduced by HBASE-11649​​

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] HBase 0.98.5 is now available for download

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I haven't been posting to announce@ except for when we did the 0.98.0
release merely because I observed earlier RMs not do that as well. I have
no preference.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.