Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Holmes <jh...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/20 14:58:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Struts Console v2.1

Struts Console version 2.1 is now available.

http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/

Download Now:
http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/struts-console-2.1.zip
  -- OR --
http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/struts-console-2.1.tar.gz

Struts Console is FREE software.

This release adds support for the IntelliJ IDEA IDE,
one of the favorites of many developers.

Changes with Struts Console v2.1

  *) Fixed bug where the "initial" attribute of the
     <form-property> element was getting set to blank
     when it wasn't specified.

  *) Added plugin support for IntelliJ IDEA.

Thanks,

-james
james@jamesholmes.com
http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/

Problem deploying ejb combined with struts

Posted by "Leslie Bertels (Synergetic)" <le...@synergetic-solutions.be>.
Hi all,

I have a problem deploying my application.

Used configuration:
JBoss 3.0 - Jetty 4.1
EJB 2.0
Servlets - Struts.

When I create my application.xml
I need to add a <ejb> module otherwise the appserver does not deploy the
ejbs.
But if I do, my struts are no longer accessible.

    This is the error :

        java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/ActionForm

If I leave the <ejb> module out, the struts compile and are accessible
trough the JSP's but
when trying to access the ejb's (since they are not deployed)

    Following error occurs:

        javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: LogonSession not bound

Meaning I need to come up with a solution for this.

If anyone has encountered this problem, could you please let me know, maybe
I can send over my xml and .ear file
so you could have a look if my structure is wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Les.

Losing my sanity: 1.1b & Validator problems

Posted by Andrew Shirk <sh...@ncsa.uiuc.edu>.
I upgraded to Struts 1.1b last week (and to Tomcat 4.1.9 - which is
great great stuff) and everything seemed to go fine. However, today, I
was demonstrating my app to a friend when I noticed Validator
validations were not being performed. I checked the logs and the
validation configuration files are being loaded just fine, but still no
validation errors were being caught. I also noticed in the archives
mention of a change in the way the plugin is configured in struts-
config.xml. I made the change in my struts-config.xml thinking that must
have been the problem, but alas, things got worse! Now, when the
ValidatorForm is posted to the server, nothing happens at all! After
about 10 seconds of processing, the browser seems to receive an empty
response. A blank document is all that's received. I checked the logs,
and no exceptions are being thrown. I have checked everything I can
think of 4 or 5 times, and don't know what else to do. This worked
perfectly in 1.1a.

Please help if you have any ideas.

Thanks very much,

Andrew

registrationForm extends ValidatorForm

     <action    path="/registration/save"
                type="com.myapp.action.RegistrationAction"
                name="registrationForm"
            validate="true"
           parameter="save"
               scope="request"
               input="/registration.jsp">
       <forward name="failure"              path="/registration.jsp"/>
       <forward name="success"
path="/do/registration/confirm"/>
     </action>

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Struts Console v2.1