Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Shubham Gupta <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/29 06:15:44 UTC

Airflow variables and data profiling hidden

Hi,

Airflow variables and data profiling tabs are hidden in the UI. Can someone
suggest how to unhide them? If I try to access through '/admin/variable/',
the result is

> 'You don't have the permission to access the requested resource. It is
> either read-protected or not readable by the server.'

The people who set airflow cluster initially are no longer in the same
company.

Regards
Shubham Gupta

Re: Airflow variables and data profiling hidden

Posted by Taylor Edmiston <te...@gmail.com>.
You could also try creating a new admin user from the CLI.

https://airflow.readthedocs.io/en/stable/cli.html#create_user

*Taylor Edmiston*
Blog <https://blog.tedmiston.com/> | CV
<https://stackoverflow.com/cv/taylor> | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/tedmiston/> | AngelList
<https://angel.co/taylor> | Stack Overflow
<https://stackoverflow.com/users/149428/taylor-edmiston>

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.

Look in your airflow.cfg under the [core] section for the auth_backend settings, that will (likely) map into one of these classes https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/tree/master/airflow/contrib/auth/backends <https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/tree/master/airflow/contrib/auth/backends>

Posted by Tao Feng <fe...@gmail.com>.
Data Profiling is depreciated for new rbac UI for security reason. You
could check out what has been changed in (
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/blob/master/UPDATING.md).