Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by stlecho <st...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/08 15:47:25 UTC

Has MTOM an impact on existing clients ?

Hi,

We're currently implementing a webservice that should be able to handle file
upload. I think MTOM is a good solution to implement this requirement with
Axis2. Before we start to implement MTOM, I would like to clarify certain
aspects (or have a link that explains Axis2 with MTOM in detail):

-In the MTOM sample provided with the distribution, I've noticed that
xmime:base64Binary is used as type. Does the use of MTOM has an impact on
the WSDL of my webservice, i.e. will the content of the WSDL be different
for an MTOM-enabled service than for a MTOM-disabled service ?

-My clients should have the option to use MTOM or another mechanism to
upload files (binary data). Is this possible ? If yes, by configuration, ...

-Clients that should be supported by the service can be implemented in Java
and/or C#. Will certain types of clients not work when MTOM is enforced on
service level ? This will probably be linked to
http://www.nabble.com/Status-of-enableMTOM%3D%22optional%22-and-Axis-Faults---JIRA-AXIS2-3340-td19328273.html

-Is it possible to make put the same WSDL a MTOM-enabled and a MTOM-disabled
service at the disposal of clients ?

-Does Axis2 handle by default xmime:base64Binary types as MTOM or not ?

Regards, Stefan.