Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by mmjose26 <mm...@yahoo.com.mx> on 2011/04/14 21:49:05 UTC

comparing long values with JCR-JQOM fails.

when I compare long type values with JCR-JQOM the query SQL2 generated doesnt
take care of long type.

it would be due to org.apache.jackrabbit.commons.query.sql2.QOMFormatter
method private void append(Literal value)
            case PropertyType.LONG:
                append(v.getString());

maybe would be

            case PropertyType.LONG:
                appendCastLiteral(v.getString(),"LONG");

it makes sense?

Re: comparing long values with JCR-JQOM fails.

Posted by mmjose26 <mm...@yahoo.com.mx>.
Shure!
I test with values greather than 1,000,000,000,000 and it fails, due that
primitive int bit Width (Range values).

in general,
 test with any long greather than 32-bit signed two's complement integer
(greather than 2,147,483,647)

Jose.

Re: comparing long values with JCR-JQOM fails.

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I don't think you would need to cast explicitly.

do you have an example where this breaks? a unit test maybe ;)

alex