Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com> on 2002/09/17 01:00:59 UTC

[CLI] CommandLineParserFactory

As we are getting close to finally having a vote for
a 1.0 release I just want to run this by you guys.

Parser is an abstract class which the other parsers
extend.  I think the default way to create parsers
should just be to create instances:

e.g. CommandLineParser parser = new GnuParser()

So I am recommending that we remove the CommandLineParserFactory
class from CLI.  This is to simplify the docs that I'll
be writing (badly;).

Cheers,
-John K

Re: [CLI] CommandLineParserFactory

Posted by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>.
I am going to fire ahead and remove the CommandLineParserFactory
because I think it adds unnecessary complexity to the story.

-John K