Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by elisabeth benoit <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/02 08:43:55 UTC

Re: fq parameter with partial value

I'm a bit confused here.

What is the difference between CATEGORY and CATEGORY_TOKENIZED if I just do
a copyField from what field to another? And how can I search only for
Restaurant (fq= CATEGORY_TOKENIZED: Restaurant). Shouldn't I have something
like
<field name="CATEGORY_TOKENIZED">Hotel</field>, if I want this to work. And
from what I understand, this means I should do more then just copy
<field name="*CATEGORY*">Restaurant Hotel</field>
to CATEGORY_TOKENIZED.

Thanks,
Elisabeth

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
See more below :).

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 2:43 AM, elisabeth benoit
<el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a bit confused here.
>
> What is the difference between CATEGORY and CATEGORY_TOKENIZED if I just do
> a copyField from what field to another?

[EOE] Copyfield is done with the original data, not the processed
data. So it's as though
you added both fields in the input document.

And how can I search only for
> Restaurant (fq= CATEGORY_TOKENIZED: Restaurant). Shouldn't I have something
> like
> <field name="CATEGORY_TOKENIZED">Hotel</field>, if I want this to work.
[EOE] that's what copyfield does for you.

 And
> from what I understand, this means I should do more then just copy
> <field name="*CATEGORY*">Restaurant Hotel</field>
> to CATEGORY_TOKENIZED.

[EOE] Don't understand your question.

Here's what I'd suggest. Just try it. Then use the admin page to look at
your fields to see what the indexed values are. Also, try using
the admin page to run some test queries with debugging on, I always get
more out of a few experiments than I do out of documentation...

Best
Erick

Posted by elisabeth benoit <el...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks a lot.

After making a few tests, I finally understood what you meant.

Best regards,
Elisabeth

Posted by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu>.