Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/17 18:47:56 UTC

[VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot

Hi all,

The Apache Pivot community feels that it is ready to graduate into the
"Apache Pivot" top-level project.

Please place your votes within the next 72 hours -- to serve as
recommendations to the Board at the December Board meeting.

[ ] +1, Graduate Apache Pivot
[ ] 0, I don't care
[ ] -1, Apache Pivot is not ready to graduate, because...

The Board Resolution proposal is included below.

Kind Regards,
-T

--- Begin Proposed Board Resolution ---

Foundation's purpose to establish a Project, to be known as
"Apache Pivot", related to the creation and maintenance of
a platform for building rich Internet applications in Java,
for distribution at no charge to the public.

Committee (PMC) is hereby established pursuant to Bylaws
of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Pivot PMC be and hereby is
charged with the creation and maintenance of Apache Pivot;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Pivot" be and
hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of Apache Pivot, and
to have primary responsibility for management of the projects within
the scope of responsibility of the Apache Pivot PMC; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are
appointed to serve as the initial members of the Apache Pivot PMC:

· Christopher Brind <brindy AT apache DOT org>
· Greg Brown <gbrown AT apache DOT org>
· Martijn Dashorst <dashorst AT apache DOT org>
· Noel Grandin <noelgrandin AT apache DOT org>
· Niclas Hedhman <niclas AT apache DOT org>
· Sandro Martini <smartini AT apache DOT org>
· Todd Volkert <tvolkert AT apache DOT org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Greg Brown be appointed to
the office of Vice President, Apache Pivot, to serve in accordance with
and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws
of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further

RESOLVED, that Apache Pivot be and hereby
Incubator Pivot podling; and be it further

Incubator Pivot podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
PMC are hereafter discharged.

--- End Proposed Board Resolution ---

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Noel, and thanks everyone in the incubator for all the help and
support over the past year!

-T

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com>.
The vote has passed with 10 +1 votes (all binding) and no 0 or -1 votes.

Here are the votes:

 +1 Leo Simons
 +1 Martijn Dashorst
 +1 Bertrand Delacretaz
 +1 Jukka Zitting
 +1 Niall Pemberton
 +1 Ralph Goers
 +1 Niclas Hedhman
 +1 Kevan Miller
 +1 Alan D. Cabrera
 +1 David Crossley

Thank you for all the support! Next we'll send the proposed resolution to
the board for approval.

Kind regards,
-T

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 17, 2009, at 12:47 PM, Todd Volkert wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The Apache Pivot community feels that it is ready to graduate into the
> "Apache Pivot" top-level project.
>
> Please place your votes within the next 72 hours -- to serve as
> recommendations to the Board at the December Board meeting.
>
> [ ] +1, Graduate Apache Pivot
> [ ] 0, I don't care
> [ ] -1, Apache Pivot is not ready to graduate, because...

+1.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
> [X ] +1, Graduate Apache Pivot

Congrats!
-Bertrand

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1

Niall

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[x] +1, Graduate Apache Pivot

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 1:47 AM, Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The Apache Pivot community feels that it is ready to graduate into the
> "Apache Pivot" top-level project.
>
> Please place your votes within the next 72 hours -- to serve as
> recommendations to the Board at the December Board meeting.
>
> [ ] +1, Graduate Apache Pivot
> [ ] 0, I don't care
> [ ] -1, Apache Pivot is not ready to graduate, because...

+1

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 5:47 PM, Todd Volkert <tv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Apache Pivot community feels that it is ready to graduate into the
>> "Apache Pivot" top-level project.
>
> +1 from me!
>
> cheers,
>
> Leo

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.0

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Pivot

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.