Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2012/12/16 20:58:15 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Onami parent 1-incubating

Hi all,

This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as
Apache Onami parent 1-incubating. This will be our first release.

the Apache Onami PPMC has voted[1] the release of the parent-1,
collecting 2 IPMC binding votes.

We need an additional IPMC vote.

Artifacts are on Nexus:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheonami-006/

SVN Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/onami/tags/parent-1-incubating/

The vote is open for 72 at least hours and is closing ~ on December
19th, 8:00pm GMT

Please cast your votes:

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead, but ...
[ ] -0 uhm...
[ ] -1 don't release it, because...

Many thanks in advance for reviewing, all the best!
-Simo

[1] http://s.apache.org/pVu

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: FW: [VOTE] Release Apache Onami parent 1-incubating

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.
I've made some modifications to the master POM - it pulls the remote
resources now and creates the src zip with the license, notice, and
disclaimer files...they go into src/main/resources/META-INF

this then happens for each sub-module as well

Jason

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.
tracking

Posted by "Franklin, Matthew B." <mf...@mitre.org>.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Onami parent 1-incubating

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
HI,

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Onami parent 1-incubating

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

in Stanbol we use this parent POM configuration. When running 'mvn clean
install -Papache-release' it will create the required ZIP.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/stanbol/trunk/parent/pom.xml

If you want to include the DISCLAIMER automatically you have to change the
config of the maven-remote-resources-plugin:

      <!-- Add license and disclaimer to artifacts -->
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-remote-resources-plugin</artifactId>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <configuration>
              <resourceBundles>

<resourceBundle>org.apache:apache-incubator-disclaimer-resource-bundle:1.1</resourceBundle>

<resourceBundle>org.apache:apache-jar-resource-bundle:1.4</resourceBundle>
              </resourceBundles>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

2012/12/19 Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>

> Check out the maven project's own 'pom-only' releases. We include a
> zip artifact with all those goodies.
>

> http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.maven%7Cmaven-parent%7C22%7Cpom
>

> On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 7:06 AM, Christian Grobmeier
> <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Fabian,
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM, Fabian Christ
> > <ch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> just had a look and I can only find the pom.xml file in Nexus. Is there
> >> source release ZIP somewhere?
> >
> > No, there is just the pom.xml. It is only the parent pom for the other
> > components. We need it to be able to release others. We do not plan to
> > provide a download of it, it's maven only.
> >
> >> The problem is that with the POM only, the
> >> DISCLAIMER is missing and there is no LICENSE file attached. IIRC all
> >> Apache incubating releases should contain such files. You need to
> create a
> >> release package that represents the official release and contains all
> >> required information.
> >
> > Disclaimer and License is available in the source tag:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/onami/tags/parent-1-incubating/
> >
> > I do not see a chance to put these files to Nexus. Or do you have an
> idea?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Christian
> >
> >> Best,
> >>  - Fabian

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheonami-006/

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/onami/tags/parent-1-incubating/

> moving"
> >>>

> >> --
> >> Fabian
> >> http://twitter.com/fctwitt
> >

> > --
> > http://www.grobmeier.de
> > https://www.timeandbill.de

Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Onami parent 1-incubating

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Dec 19, 2012, at 14:15 , Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> 2012/12/19 Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>
>
>> Disclaimer and License is available in the source tag:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/onami/tags/parent-1-incubating/
>>
>> I do not see a chance to put these files to Nexus. Or do you have an idea?
>>

> The problem is that we do not vote on SVN tags. We vote on released source
> packages.
>
> Just create a ZIP file that contains everything needed. This can be
> automated using the "apache-release" profile when using Maven. This ZIP
> file can be uploaded in Nexus or placed somewhere in the /dist/dev area.
>
> I do not have enough experience to tell if this is a blocker for now or
> something that could be fixed with the next release.

To me this is a blocker. Our release policy [1] clearly states: "Every ASF release must contain a source package […]". It goes on to mention that such a source package must also contain a copy of our LICENSE and a NOTICE.

Greetings, Marcel

[1] http://apache.org/dev/release.html

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Onami parent 1-incubating

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fabian,

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Onami parent 1-incubating

Posted by Fabian Christ <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

just had a look and I can only find the pom.xml file in Nexus. Is there a
source release ZIP somewhere? The problem is that with the POM only, the

--
Fabian
http://twitter.com/fctwitt

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Onami parent 1-incubating

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

<gr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I voted on the dev list, but here is my +1 as IPMC
>
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Simone Tripodi
> <si...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as
> > Apache Onami parent 1-incubating. This will be our first release.
> >
> > the Apache Onami PPMC has voted[1] the release of the parent-1,
> > collecting 2 IPMC binding votes.
> >
> > We need an additional IPMC vote.
> >
> > Artifacts are on Nexus:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheonami-006/
> >
> > SVN Tag:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/onami/tags/parent-1-incubating/
> >
> > The vote is open for 72 at least hours and is closing ~ on December
> > 19th, 8:00pm GMT
> >
> > Please cast your votes:
> >
> > [ ] +1 release it
> > [ ] +0 go ahead, but ...
> > [ ] -0 uhm...
> > [ ] -1 don't release it, because...
> >
> > Many thanks in advance for reviewing, all the best!
> > -Simo
> >
> > [1] http://s.apache.org/pVu
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~simonetripodi/
> > http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
> > http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
> > http://www.99soft.org/

> http://www.grobmeier.de
> https://www.timeandbill.de

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----
- Albert Einstein

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Onami parent 1-incubating

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Onami parent 1-incubating

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
due to missing source package containing L&N files, the current vote
can be considered closed.

Onami will soon submit a new parent to be reviewed.

thanks for taking part to the review,
-Simo