Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Alex Van Boxel <al...@vanboxel.be> on 2019/02/01 17:58:59 UTC

First steps: Beam SQL over ProtoBuf

Hi all,

I got my first test pipeline running with *Beam SQL over ProtoBuf*. I was
so excited I need to shout this to the world ;-)

https://github.com/anemos-io/proto-beam/blob/master/transform/src/test/java/io/anemos/protobeam/transform/beamsql/BeamSqlPipelineTest.java

A lot of work is planned but this is the first step. If you're invested in
ProtoBuf and use Beam, follow the repo:
https://github.com/anemos-io/proto-beam
<https://github.com/anemos-io/proto-beam/blob/master/transform/src/test/java/io/anemos/protobeam/transform/beamsql/BeamSqlPipelineTest.java>

 _/
_/ Alex Van Boxel

Re: First steps: Beam SQL over ProtoBuf

Posted by Alex Van Boxel <al...@gmail.com>.
I'm open to contributing the implementation back to Beam. But for now I'm
going to keep it in a separate repo because then the iteration can go very
fast, and no low level API changes are required anyway. The reason it needs
to go fast is that we need it internally in the company.

But I will certainly keep you all posted and then we can discuss the how
and what to contribute back

Posted by Anton Kedin <ke...@google.com>.
I think this is awesome!

Posted by Rui Wang <ru...@google.com>.
It's awesome! Proto to/from Row will be a great utility!

-Rui