Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> on 2014/04/17 23:08:37 UTC

cordova-lib versioning proposal

Since cordova-lib is going to be a sort of container for a whole bunch of
node modules with their own versioning in package.json we need to come up
with our convention for tagging releases of the aggregate cordova-lib
itself.

Ubuntu probably has the most fun names. We probably want at least one
integer to make it obvious what is new/old.

We could do street names. Race horse names. Famous robots. Something! Ideas.

Re: cordova-lib versioning proposal

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Had an idea about this - git tags are nothing more than Names -> hash
mappings. How about we just store a file named TAGS in each of the packages
that contains:

version1 HASH1
version2 HASH2

etc.

If we do this, is there still a need to tag the repo in aggregate?

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.
On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 5:08 PM, Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io> wrote:

> We could do street names.

Cordova cross-streets -- start with Jervis, and work our way East :)

Posted by "John M. Wargo" <jw...@gmail.com>.
Rush album titles.