Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Tung Mansfield <ma...@orbitcommerce.com> on 2000/06/23 20:04:22 UTC

copying a node from one document to another

Is there a way to copy a node from one document to another by using just the
level 1 interfaces? The importNode method in the level 2 interfaces supports
this functionality. However, I want to avoid using level 2 interfaces until
they are made a part of the standard. Thanks.

-- tung

Re: copying a node from one document to another

Posted by Kelly Campbell <ca...@pcisys.net>.
>Is there a way to copy a node from one document to another by using just the
>level 1 interfaces? The importNode method in the level 2 interfaces supports
>this functionality. However, I want to avoid using level 2 interfaces until
>they are made a part of the standard. Thanks.

We have some code to do that in the Merlot project. Look at importNode in
http://www.merlotxml.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/merlot/src/org/merlotxml/util/xml/DOMUtil.java?rev=1.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

-Kelly
--
Kelly A. Campbell                       Software Engineer
<ca...@merlotxml.org>                    ChannelPoint, Inc.