Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Dunne <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/17 11:26:59 UTC

htdocs

Regarding the various releases of tomcat, in order to dislpay files on localhost, it was my understanding that all files needed to be hosted in the htdocs directory.  Seemingly, not all releases of Tomcat have this directory.  Can someone point out the best or a common location suitable for hosting files? Purely to avoid the LOCALHOST is not properly defined error!

Thanks,

Richard.

Be a better friend, newshound, and

Re: htdocs

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.
No, htdocs is not used by Tomcat. It's for the Apache web server
(a.k.a. httpd or apache.exe). For Tomcat, put files in one of the
directories under webapps (webapps/ROOT is the catch-all for files
that aren't part of a specific web application).

But this has nothing to do with whether or not localhost is defined -
that sounds like a client-side problem (i.e. it's the web browser, not
the server, that can't resolve localhost). Try accessing
http://127.0.0.1/ and also check that localhost is defined in your
hosts file.
--
Len