Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com> on 2012/05/08 23:43:46 UTC

old ofbiz versions

I use git(-svn) to do my ofbiz work(as many here probably know).
Currently, the svn is hosted on apache.org servers.  When it was
imported, the history was started fresh.  This was done back in July,
2006.

However, that wasn't good enough for me.  I dug around and found
references to the previous svn repo, and have stitched that together
locally(using what git calls grafts).  That repo was at svn.ofbiz.org.
 This gets me back to August, 2003.  But I'm still not satisified.

Atm, I have git cvsimport running against the cvs repo hosted at
sf.net.  This one will take a bit more work to integrate, as all the
top-level dirs are separate modules, and I need to git merge them back
into one repo.  I haven't done this before, but hopefully that'll give
me history going back to May, 2001(or so).

Are there any prior repositories I could go looking in?

ps: I've posted previously about how to stitch git-svn repos together.

pps: What has been interested in this again is a client approached us
that was running an ofbiz version that was made 3 months before the
apache import.  Having already stitched the older repo together made
it simple(r) to find what they may have modified.

ppps: Exporting this for others to use is complex.  git clone won't
fetch all the svn metadata.  And you can't rsync the folder, as
git-svn stores things in a native machine format; this breaks between
at least linux 32bit and 64bit.

Re: old ofbiz versions

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.
On 05/08/2012 11:18 PM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> Hi Adam,
>
> I don't know if it is useful but for some time in its history (but I don't remember the years) the OFBiz project was hosted at dev.java.net,maybe the url was:
>
> https://ofbiz.dev.java.net/

dev.java.net doesn't exist either.  Digging around on java.net itself,
I don't see ofbiz as an active project, nor in the archive.  Searching
in the site doesn't yield anything useful.

Based on the history bundle I have from svn.ofbiz.org, that looks to
actually be what was used during the java.net days.  I see references
to java.net in the changelogs.  So I don't think I need anything from
this site.

Re: old ofbiz versions

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Adam,