Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by sridhar nemani <sr...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/07 21:19:49 UTC

Question regd CDC in cassandra 3.7+

Hi,

I am fairly new to Cassandra. I have a requirement to be able to read any
changes to tables, as in inserts deletes or updates from a given timestamp
onwards. I believe the new implementation of CDC should help me with this.
However, with CDC enabled, I want to know if there is yet a way to read the
data inserts,updates or deletes to a table through CQL. I do see
implementations of CommitLogReader. But, I want to know if it is possible
to read the changes using CQL. If yes, how?

Please advise.

Thank you,
Sridhar

Re: Question regd CDC in cassandra 3.7+

Posted by Sridhar Nemani <sr...@whamtech.com>.
Thanks for clarifying that.
How can I use commitlogreader? Are there any examples for it? Does this mean I can only use through Java?

-Sridhar

Posted by DuyHai Doan <do...@gmail.com>.