Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Rajath Subramanyam <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/28 01:10:43 UTC

SSTable generation numbers

Hello Cassandra-dev,

Are there any scenarios in which the generation numbers of SSTables (i.e.
ksname-cfname-<gen_num>-Data.db) can wrap around, without the admin
dropping and re-creating the CF with the same name ?

I believe that the answer must be version-agnostic, but in case it matters,
I am specifically asking this question for C* 2.0/2.1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Rajath
------------------------
Rajath Subramanyam