Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Deepesh Maheshwari <de...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/04 09:11:00 UTC

Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform

Hi,

When i run the spark locally on windows it gives below hadoop library error.
I am using below spark version.

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.spark</groupId>
            <artifactId>spark-core_2.10</artifactId>
            <version>1.4.1</version>
        </dependency>

2015-08-04 12:22:23,463  WARN (org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader:62)
- Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using
builtin-java classes where applicable

Tried to find it on internet but not able to find exact root cause.
Please let me know what is it, why it is giving warning and how can i
resolve it.

Thanks,
Deepesh

Re: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
> On 4 Aug 2015, at 12:26, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Oh good point, does the Windows integration need native libs for
> POSIX-y file system access? I know there are some binaries shipped for
> this purpose but wasn't sure if that's part of what's covered in the
> native libs message.

On unix its a warning that you'll get slower access to bits of the system and no posix-ish support, on windows its more serious (and should be reported more seriously)

It's used for various low-level things, and currently Hadoop fails somewhat messily when its not there. That's even for things like MiniYarnCluster, which is a real annoyance.

I have a snapshot of the Hadoop 2.6 windows binaries if people want them; I should stick up a copy of the 2.7.1 ones too
https://github.com/steveloughran/clusterconfigs/tree/master/clusters/morzine/hadoop_home/

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Deepesh Maheshwari <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the information and clarification.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Deepesh Maheshwari <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.