Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Derek Richardson <De...@appiancorp.com> on 2003/05/02 01:40:55 UTC

h:rewrite and ports, explicit and implicit

This is a report from a colleague, so I hope I get it right. I searched the archives and found nothing useful.

My colleague has a machine with tomcat running on port 8080. Accessing the struts app as localhost:8080 works fine. However, he tried to expose his tomcat externally as xxx.appiancorp.com. The external address is mapped to port 8080, so it is not put on the url, since it is implicit. Now, <h:rewrite> is rendering xxx.appiancorp.com:8080, which doesn't work.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Derek Richardson