Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by prabhu Mahendran <pr...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/08 04:27:14 UTC

Flowfile handling in C# is possible or not?

Since processors code written as java  which handles flow file read and
write with relationship transfer.

Is it possible for flow file handling in .net application?

Many thanks,
prabhu

Re: Flowfile handling in C# is possible or not?

Posted by Matt Burgess <ma...@apache.org>.
Prabhu,

There are a couple of ways I can think of for NiFi to be able to
communicate with an external application:

1) The InvokeHttp processor [1] can send the flow file content as the
payload and any number of flow file attributes as HTTP headers (you
can specify a regular expression for which attributes to send), so
your application could expose an HTTP endpoint and NiFi could point at
that.

2) NiFi instances can connect to each other (or any other application)
using the Site-to-Site protocol [2], there are both raw (socket-based)
and HTTP-based versions. This gives a more robust solution but
involves writing a Site-to-Site (S2S) client in C#/.NET for use in
your application. Koji has a great page on the wiki [3] describing
this (especially the HTTP(S) version) in detail.

If instead you are asking if you could have something like a custom
processor written in C#/.NET, that might be possible but NiFi runs on
the JVM so you'd need to cross-compile [4] or have a bridge [5]
perhaps.

Regards,
Matt

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.InvokeHTTP/index.html