Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by S R <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/02 11:15:57 UTC

[users@httpd] upgrade to apache 2.4.4 and peformance issue

I upgraded from Apache 2.0.63 to 2.4.4 and changed the pages from using jsp with modcaucho and resin to using modphp 5.4.16. I have seen a significant reduction in page response times.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what would cause this?

Re: [users@httpd] upgrade to apache 2.4.4 and peformance issue

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 10:15 AM, S R <sr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I upgraded from Apache 2.0.63 to 2.4.4 and changed the pages from using jsp
> with modcaucho and resin to using modphp 5.4.16. I have seen a significant
> reduction in page response times.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what
> would cause this?

I would doubt very much this has anything to do with Apache - you've
changed a lot more than Apache there.

You could verify the problem is in your new web application by
deploying it under 2.0 and comparing with 2.4.

Cheers

Tom