Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Dennis Thrysøe <dt...@conscius.com> on 2008/10/03 12:53:46 UTC

Trouble with relaying

Hello,

I'm migrating a james server from one environment to another, and I have
merged the old config.xml into the new one so they are similar.

When I try to send to a domain hosted on the server it is rejected as a
relay, which it is not. The same construction (as far as I can tell) works
fine in the current environment.

I'm having trouble finding how exactly it is determined whether a mail
domain is local or not?

I've tried adding <servername> elements and I have tried disabling the
RemoteAddrNotInNetwork. That didn't change anything.

I should mention that when sending to another domain (the IP that the SMTP
server is bound to?) messages are not considered relay and not rejected.

I have tried logging on DEBUG level for smtpserver, dnsserver, mailet and
james-mailet.

Any good suggestions on how to debug such an issue?

Thanks,

-dennis