Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Rüdiger Schulz <ru...@googlemail.com> on 2008/04/21 11:30:32 UTC

Wicketstuff Picnik released

Hello,

yesterday I did a first release of Wicketstuff Picnik. Being my first Bamboo
release, I hope everything is good the way it is :)

Anyway, the components are now accessable via the wicketstuff maven
repository (for Wicket 1.3.x)
The code should by quite stable, it is already integrated into IndyPhone
(only usable for registered users, sorry).

As these are my first open source released components ever, I'm looking
forward on any feedback.

There are also two small packages which might be useful for people not
interested in Picnik. Maybe those could be integrated somewhere more central
(core? extensions? minis?)

1) org.wicketstuff.pullupload
http://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wicket-stuff/branches/wicket-1.3.x/wicketstuff-picnik/src/main/java/org/wicketstuff/pullupload/

I use this for pulling altered images from picnik after receiving the url in
a hidden field. But this could also be mapped to a textfield, which would
result in the model being updated with the binary data from the entered URL.
Implemented via a subclass of FileUpload and a matching Converter.

2) org.wicketstuff.extensions
http://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/wicket-stuff/branches/wicket-1.3.x/wicketstuff-picnik/src/main/java/org/wicketstuff/extensions/

I've seen already someone asking for something like this on the list, so
here are ExternalModalWindow and ExternalInlineFrame; each displaying any
external URL, similar to ExternalLink.

Should I open JIRA issues in core/extensions/minis where I suggest the
inclusion of those classes, or what would be a proper way? Or is this just
too trivial ;)?

--
greetings from Berlin,

Rüdiger Schulz

www.2rue.de
www.indyphone.de - Coole Handy Logos einfach selber bauen

Re: Wicketstuff Picnik released

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
minis is fine, thats what it is there for

-igor

Posted by Maurice Marrink <ma...@gmail.com>.