Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Andrew Zeneski <ja...@ofbiz.org> on 2007/01/05 18:16:43 UTC

ServiceGroup - service-group.xsd

Service group model is changing. Previous:

<service-group>
	<group name="name">
		<service name="serviceToRun"/>
	</group>
</service-group>

new:

<service-group>
	<group name="name">
		<invoke name="serviceToRun"/>
	</group>
</service-group>

All files in apache-ofbiz which reference the old way will be changed
when the implementation is complete. This is a heads up for those
with custom apps, you will need to replace "service" with "invoke".

In addition, the new implementation will allow embedding group
definition right inside the service definition. What a pain in the
rear is it to have to edit two files just to call a group of services
in order. The files will remain (at least for now) with the added
support to embed your group defs inside a service.

<service name="foo" engine="group">
	<group>
		<invoke="service1"/>
		<invoke="service2"/>
	</group>
</service>

Andrew Zeneski
jaz@ofbiz.org

Re: ServiceGroup - service-group.xsd

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
On Jan 5, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Andrew Zeneski wrote:

> I didn't want to change the name, the only reason for this was the
> conflict w/ the element 'service' in services.xsd. Do you know a
> way to make the element in service-groups.xsd not propagate when
> the xsd is included in services.xsd?

Yes, I figured this was what you ran into.

> Regardless, the code which parses this also accepts the 'service'
> tag and write a warning message. It appears that it works even
> though the XSD doesn't allow it so I think this follows the same
> pattern you described.

Yes, you'll get validation errors for this but it will still work.
Technically you probably don't even need the warning message in your
code.

-David

Posted by Andrew Zeneski <ja...@ofbiz.org>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.