Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/01 20:37:41 UTC

blackberry 10 migration

I want to keep the conversation going concerning the imminent migration of
BlackBerry's BB10 implementation to Apache Cordova, replacing the existing
implementation.

The issues that need to be completed are being tracked here:

With the file system implemented, the BB10 implementation is only 3 tests
behind the existing Cordova BB10 implementation, and is stable enough to
accept.
There are, however, a few minor obstacles:

1. documentation
 - BB10 plugin development
 - getting started guide

both need to be updated to match the new implementation. If this work is
done, please point me to it, but I couldn't see it in the
Blackberry/cordova-docs fork

2. create script
the create script for BB10 depends on node. This is not an issue, as I
understand that node comes packaged with. However, I would like to see
package configuration to happen automatically (the npm install step) rather
than explicitly.

3. project create scripts
needs better help messages and documentation

4. 2.7.0 support
build tools seem to use 2.4.0-rc1. This needs to be brought up to 2.7.0

5. cordova-js
it looks like BB10 uses it's own version of cordova.js, we need to add this
to platforms in cordova-js

Ken, Bryan and any of the BlackBerry folks, please chime in to correct any
misunderstandings, point us to completed work, or discuss the above.

I would also encourage participation on the jira issue discussion threads.

- Lorin

Re: blackberry 10 migration

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
those are definitely coming in as well and at the same time, but I wanted
to talk with Anis before doing anything with those repos

Re: blackberry 10 migration

Posted by Lorin Beer <lo...@gmail.com>.
great! Thanks Fil!

Re: blackberry 10 migration