Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Hasalaka Waravita <ha...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/22 05:29:13 UTC

How should MessageReceiver be invoked

Hi
Im trying to use Axis2 to do an EJB invocation. My approach is to plug
transport senders/receivers and introduce a Message Receiver for EJB
invocation.
In Axis2 MessageReceivers are triggered on engine.receive() at server side.
My problem is, I cannot run Axis2 on server side (Its not a WebServer, but
an Appserver I'm calling, I don't want to convert request into SOAP/HTTP due
overhead ).
I can obviously  call  engine.receive() from transport, hence calling
AxisEngine within the same JVM and achieve what I want.
But is there an elegant way of doing this ? Your suggestions are highly
appreciated.
Thanks
Hasalaka

Re: How should MessageReceiver be invoked

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hasalaka Waravita wrote:
> Hi
> Im trying to use Axis2 to do an EJB invocation. My approach is to plug
> transport senders/receivers and introduce a Message Receiver for EJB
> invocation.
> In Axis2 MessageReceivers are triggered on engine.receive() at server
> side. My problem is, I cannot run Axis2 on server side (Its not a
> WebServer, but an Appserver I'm calling, I don't want to convert request
> into SOAP/HTTP due overhead ).
> I can obviously  call  engine.receive() from transport, hence calling
> AxisEngine within the same JVM and achieve what I want.
> But is there an elegant way of doing this ? Your suggestions are highly
> appreciated.

Did you read this :
http://www.developer.com/java/ent/article.php/10933_3606466_1

-- Chinthaka