Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2018/02/26 12:38:38 UTC

If it didn't happen on the dev list... (was: [Maven] Updating to parent pom 33 breaks all projects)

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 1:28 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...It would just have been nice to hear about
> these breaking changes in some way. But I guess I could have seen this
> coming by watching the commits...

I think we need to remember to bring *all* important discussions here,
even if it's just a heads up and link asking people to participate in
a discussion in another place.

With our many Git repositories and tickets it's easy for discussions
to happen elsewhere, and it's fine in many cases, but one should be
aware of all important things by just following this list.

Now, of course, the definition of "important" varies...so this is just
a friendly reminder, I'm not pointing fingers - but we have a concrete
example here where breaking changes were apparently not discussed on
this list, and it's not ok in general.

-Bertrand

Re: If it didn't happen on the dev list... (was: [Maven] Updating to parent pom 33 breaks all projects)

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
+1