Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by aa bbbb <al...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/25 19:01:23 UTC

Tutorial ?

Have client that needs to get up to speed..
Is there a good tutorial on Turbine out there ?

Re: Tutorial ?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
aa bbbb <al...@yahoo.com> writes:

Depending on your language abilities, there are also my slides
from an one hour talk at the KNF Kongress 2001 available here:

ftp://ftp.hometree.net/pub/kongress2001/turbine/turbine.ppt

They're in german, though.

>Have client that needs to get up to speed..
>Is there a good tutorial on Turbine out there ?

Get a turbine consultant on site. ;-)

	Regards
		Henning

--- Quote of the week: "It is pointless to tell people anything when
you know that they won't process the message." --- Jonathan Revusky

Re: Tutorial ?

Posted by Keith Seim <ke...@kjsdesigns.com>.
Hi aa bbbb
On Wednesday, June 25, 2003, at 01:01  PM, aa bbbb wrote:

> Have client that needs to get up to speed..
> Is there a good tutorial on Turbine out there ?

I'm a rather newbie myself; there is a tutorial - it's not what I'd call
"dummy proof", but it's a good place to get overwhelmed:

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.2.1/howto/index.html

It's a steep learning curve, but from experience, it's a lot faster,
easier, and more professional than building all the functionality
oneself.

Read long, read hard, and ask very specific questions.

Cheers
Keith