Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Chandan <ch...@in.bosch.com> on 2016/04/25 12:39:20 UTC

HttpPUT is not working in karaf

Hello,

I have tried updating a record in eAsee SDOM using http put method.
It is not executing and continuing executing further.

i added org.apache.httpcomponents/httpclient/4.5.0 bundle as well.
Please provide me some solution.

Please see the below code :

After the control comes to executeMethod = httpClient.executeMethod(m1); it
doesnt go further and instead it goes to the calling method.

HttpMethod m1 = new PutMethod(fetchURL.toString());

m1.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/json");
m1.addRequestHeader("Accept", "application/json");
m1.addRequestHeader("OSLC-Core-Version", "2.0");
System.out.println("m1:::::::::::::: " + m1);

executeMethod = httpClient.executeMethod(m1);
System.out.println("After exec method..." );

My manifest file import statement :

Import-Package: org.osgi.framework,org.apache.camel,
org.apache.camel.impl,org.apache.camel.builder,org.apache.camel.builder.xml,
org.apache.camel.model,org.apache.camel.component,org.apache.camel.component.http,org.apache.camel.core.osgi,org.apache.camel.spi,org.apache.xerces.jaxp,org.apache.xerces.parsers,org.xml.sax,org.xml.sax.helpers,org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.dtd,org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.xs,org.apache.commons.httpclient,org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth.w3c.dom,javax.xml.parsers

Re: HttpPUT is not working in karaf

Posted by Chandan <ch...@in.bosch.com>.
Hi,

Yes i would have anyway shared the solution EOD.

Here is what I did.

IN Manifest file - i removed
"org.apache.commons.httpclient,org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth," lines in
the import statement which forced it to take the karaf installed features or
bundles instead of manually added jars.

So that worked :)

Regards,
Chandan.

Re: HttpPUT is not working in karaf

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chandan,

Could you please share your solution/fix? Other people may come across the
same problem.

Regards,
Morgan

Posted by Chandan <ch...@in.bosch.com>.
Hello JB,

It worked :)

Regards,
Chandan.

Re: HttpPUT is not working in karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Chandan,

Do you have a ClassNotFound exception or any other exception ?

Regards
JB

On 04/26/2016 09:33 AM, Chandan wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I tried everything but still the problem exist.
>
> Http GET works in karaf but Http PUT doesnt work in karaf.
>
> Could you please help me in resolving this.
>
> I dont feel its Certificate issue, Since GET works.
> What else can be the issue?
>
> In my local i have a jar - org.apache.commons.httpclient.jar
>
> In Karaf what should i do? Manifest file and other details are given in my
>
> Regards,
> Chandan.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

RE: HttpPUT is not working in karaf

Posted by Chandan <ch...@in.bosch.com>.
Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

Here is my manifest file -

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2
Bundle-Name: Service_Name
Created-By: 1.7.0_40 (Oracle Corporation)
Bundle-SymbolicName: com.abc.xyz
Bundle-Version: 1.0.3
Bundle-Activator: com.abc.xyz.Activator
Bundle-Vendor: Abhilash B
Bundle-Localization: plugin
Import-Package: org.osgi.framework,org.apache.camel,
org.apache.camel.impl,org.apache.camel.builder,org.apache.camel.builder.xml,
org.apache.camel.model,org.apache.camel.component,org.apache.camel.component.http,org.apache.camel.core.osgi,org.apache.camel.spi,org.apache.xerces.jaxp,org.apache.xerces.parsers,org.xml.sax,org.xml.sax.helpers,org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.dtd,org.apache.xerces.impl.dv.xs,org.apache.commons.httpclient,org.apache.commons.httpclient.auth,org.w3c.dom,javax.xml.parsers

I installed the httpclient in karaf with the below cmd -

install -s mvn:org.apache.httpcomponents/httpclient/4.5.2

*--- P.S ->>> Http Get works, but not Http Put*

So, What am i missing?

Regards,
Abhilash/Chandan.