Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Isaac Reath (BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEX)" <ir...@bloomberg.net> on 2019/10/14 19:24:28 UTC

Oversized Read Repair Mutations

Hi Cassandra users,

Recently on some of our production clusters we have run into the following error:

2019-10-11 15:14:46,803 DataResolver.java:507 - Encountered an oversized (x/y) read repair mutation for table.

Which is described in this jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13975.

Suppose we don't want to drop the read repair write for consistency purposes, is the best solution here to increase commitlog segment size/max mutation size to be in line with our max partition size? Is there any plan to change the read repair code path so that it chunks the partition update into mutations which are smaller than the max mutation size?

Thanks in advance,

Isaac