Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Yann Perchec, Novapost" <ya...@novapost.fr> on 2010/12/02 16:34:34 UTC

Get CF with where condition supplied by cassandra-cli

Hello everybody,

I'm playing since a couple of days with the cassandra-cli supplied with the
Cassandra 0.7 RC.
It seems that new request are possible : I'm very interested in the get <cf>
where <column> = <value>.

Does it mean that request with condition on column other than keys is now
possible?
Is it possible to have more information on that feature?

Thank you very much!

--

Yann PERCHEC
Chef de projet

32 rue de Paradis, 75010 Paris
*Tel:* +33 (0)1 83 62 46 81
*Mail:* yann.perchec@novapost.fr <si...@novapost.fr>
*Web:* www.novapost.fr / www.novapost-rh.fr
------------------------------
 *(P) Before printing, think about the ENVIRONMENT*

Re: Get CF with where condition supplied by cassandra-cli

Posted by "Yann Perchec, Novapost" <ya...@novapost.fr>.
thx for the answers!

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
AFAIK there is not a definitive source, but...

Take a look at the API documentation for version 0.7
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/API07
The cli will be making a call to get_indexed_slices()

Cassandra.yaml provides some help about how to define the index using yaml.

The cli also has online help, see
http://www.mail-archive.com/user@cassandra.apache.org/msg07637.html

pycasse has some help about it
http://pycassa.github.com/pycassa/tutorial.html#indexes

There have been a number of discussions on the mail group....
http://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=index&l=user%40cassandra.apache.org

Aaron