Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Graham Ford <gr...@intersoftsolutions.co.uk> on 2007/04/03 14:48:44 UTC

Re: BeanEditForm

Thanks Howard.

Is there any chance anyone could give a bit more info on this. I have
got the BeanModel and tried to add the fields of the child object to it,
but I am always getting an error. I am probably doing something dumb,
but if anyone could show me the way, I would be grateful.

Graham

Re: BeanEditForm

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm currently innundated ... working full time for a T4 customer, and
putting together a bunch of presentations for NFJS, OSCON and JavaOne.
 Try checking around the T5 integration tests, I think there's a
useful example there.

On 4/3/07, Graham Ford <gr...@intersoftsolutions.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks Howard.
>
> Is there any chance anyone could give a bit more info on this. I have
> got the BeanModel and tried to add the fields of the child object to it,
> but I am always getting an error. I am probably doing something dumb,
> but if anyone could show me the way, I would be grateful.
>
> Graham
>
> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> > It is possible, and involves obtaining the BeanModel and modifying it
> > before passing it as the model parameter of the BeanEditForm
> > component.
> >
> > I'm travelling now, so that's as specific as I have time to answer!
> >
> > On 3/29/07, Graham Ford <gr...@intersoftsolutions.co.uk> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'm loving Tapestry 5 so far but I have a question about the
> >> BeanEditForm. If I have an object, say Person, which has a property of
> >> another object, say Address, is there a way of getting the details from
> >> the Address object into the form as well as the person's details?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Graham

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.