Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/18 05:41:07 UTC

Active contributors

We're probably way overdue for assessing our "future committer" situation.  We have some great people doing excellent work and some of them are probably overdue or due for commit.

  Shawn, you've incredibly active and are no doubt way overdue for commit.  Thanks to Ivan for helping Shawn out so much.  Shawn your JIRA usage is outstanding :)  Your list participation has increased recently too which is fantastic.  The occasional "heads up I'm looking at x" is great.

  Romain, super nice work on the Bean Validation stuff and very excellent to see you on the user list (big points).  Thanks to Jean-Louis for helping him out.  Romain you've got a lot of clever ideas like the annotated MBean stuff and having a bean validation interceptor to do processing of params, etc.  Very neat stuff.  Definitely feel encouraged to use the list to describe those big ideas.  I'm terrible at that myself, but occasionally I'm good at it and sometimes it results in good documentation.  In fact almost all the wiki docs I've made come from list posts.

  Yegor, really excellent to see you on the user list once in a while and looking for things todo.  I feel like we should be doing more to help you get involved.  You're clearly willing and able.  We wouldn't want you to get bored and leave :)  Rest assured pretty much everyone here was mentored in some way.  Getting involved with an open source project really involves just as much time of the project as it does for the person looking to get involved.  I think we aren't giving you enough time.  If we can't turn a guy like you into a contributor, we might be losing our touch :)  I'm going to try and think of some things that need doing.  If anyone else has some ideas, that's also great.

Anyway, this is sort of a discussion to get us thinking about maybe adding some committers.  Shawn is way overdue (our bad for not acting sooner), so I think it's pretty safe to get that vote started.  Depending on how people feel we may want to start one for Romain as well.

And of course if anyone out there wants to contribute, speak up!  We're more than happy to help you get involved!

-David

Re: Active contributors

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.
Creating an account could be an action item on your TODO list if you like ;)

Re: Active contributors

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Yep, i'm not on LinkedIn.

Re: Active contributors

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Active contributors

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On May 22, 2011, at 11:40 PM, dsh wrote:

> Do we want to have a voting thread for Yegor as well? Didn't spot any yet...

I think we need to be more active in helping him out.

-David

Re: Active contributors

Posted by dsh <da...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Active contributors