Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by st...@outerthought.org on 2003/05/16 20:00:04 UTC

[WIKI-UPDATE] DebuggingWithViews StreamingMedia Fri May 16 20:00:04 2003

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DebuggingWithViews , version: 6 on Fri May 16 17:31:54 2003 by 62.30.118.62

- 	www.yourSite.com\getReport.htm&cocoon-view=first
? 	                              ^

+ 	www.yourSite.com\getReport.htm?cocoon-view=first
? 	                              ^

- 	www.yourSite.com\getReport.htm&cocoon-view=debug1
? 	                              ^

+ 	www.yourSite.com\getReport.htm?cocoon-view=debug1
? 	                              ^

- 	www.yourSite.com\getReport.htm&cocoon-view=debug2
? 	                              ^

+ 	www.yourSite.com\getReport.htm?cocoon-view=debug2
? 	                              ^

- 	www.yourSite.com\getReport.htm&cocoon-view=debug3
? 	                              ^

+ 	www.yourSite.com\getReport.htm?cocoon-view=debug3
? 	                              ^

- 	www.yourSite.com\getReport.htm&cocoon-view=last
? 	                              ^

+ 	www.yourSite.com\getReport.htm?cocoon-view=last
? 	                              ^

Page: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=StreamingMedia , version: 3 on Fri May 16 17:19:45 2003 by AndrewSavory

-
+ Some browser/player combinations don't work terribly well with {{http://localhost/foo.smil}} URLs, but they will work fine with {{http://localhost/foo.ram}}. However, we want to output SMIL. To get round this, we create ram files that simply bounce the user's player to the SMIL.
+
+ One way to do this is as follows: create two matchers in the sitemap, one for the ram file, one for the SMIL file:
+
- <map:match pattern="demo.ram">
?                     ^^^

+ <map:match pattern="foo.ram">
?                     ^^

- <map:match pattern="demo.smil">
?                     ^^^

+ <map:match pattern="foo.smil">
?                     ^^

+ Then, create {{ramhurl.xsp}} to return a URL to the SMIL file:
- 		http://<xsp-request:get-server-name/>/path/to/your/file.smil

+ 		http://<xsp-request:get-server-name/>/path/to/foo.smil

+
+ ... and this simple XSL file makes sure that the only thing output by the XSP is the URL. Some players (particularly RealPlayer 8 on Linux) will break horribly if the format of the ram file is not precise.
+
+ The {{smil.xsp}} file can be used to assemble content dynamically from a database or some other source:
+ 						<!-- Fill in the blanks here! -->
+
+ ... and the {{smil.xsl}} file converts it into valid SMIL: