Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Pubudu Gunatilaka <pu...@wso2.com> on 2015/05/17 20:13:51 UTC

[Discuss] Application Policy validation error messages are not properly shown in UI

Hi,

In the current implementation when deploying an application policy, it
doesn't provide  a proper error message. For an example when trying to
deploy already exist application policy, it shows as "Invalid Application
Policy" as shown in below figure.

To handle proper error messages, custom exceptions can be introduced in
similar way which have done for both autoscaling policy and deployment
policy. WDYT?

Thank you!

--

*Pubudu Gunatilaka*
Software Engineer

Re: [Discuss] Application Policy validation error messages are not properly shown in UI

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Great stuff indeed! Thanks Pubudu.

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 1:08 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Great work Pubudu! I just reviewed it and merged to master branch.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:26 AM, Pubudu Gunatilaka <pu...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> I did work on custom exceptions for application policy and the pull
>> request can be found in [1]. Please review and merge.
>>
>> [1] - https://github.com/apache/stratos/pull/327
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes.. It's better to throw exceptions for different types of errors.

>>> --
>>> Isuru Perera
>>> Associate Technical Lead | WSO2, Inc. | http://wso2.com/
>>> Lean . Enterprise . Middleware
>>>
>>> about.me/chrishantha
>>>

>> --
>>
>> *Pubudu Gunatilaka*
>> Software Engineer
>> WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>> mobile:  +94 77 4078049
>>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2

Lahiru Sandaruwan
Committer and PMC member, Apache Stratos,
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2 Inc., http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

phone: +94773325954
email: lahirus@wso2.com blog: http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/

Re: [Discuss] Application Policy validation error messages are not properly shown in UI

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Application Policy validation error messages are not properly shown in UI

Posted by Pubudu Gunatilaka <pu...@wso2.com>.
Hi Devs,

Posted by Isuru Perera <is...@wso2.com>.