Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Rida Ligurs <RL...@webplan.com> on 2001/12/20 17:32:36 UTC

Troubles with NTEventLogAppender

I've been trying to get log4j 1.1.3 to use NTEventLogAppender, but I've been
unsuccessful so far.

I copied NTEventLogAppender.dll to c:\winnt\system32 and
NTEventLogAppender.class is on my path.  Initially I tried using it in my
servlet running under Tomcat 4.0.1.  Nothing got reported in the NT Event
Viewer.

I then used JBuilder to build and debug log4j by running NTMin test app.
Still nothing showing up in Event Viewer.  Stepping through the code,
reportEvent() is getting called in NTEventLogAppender. The parms look fine,
handler is set, sbuf is correct, nt_category = 10000, but nothing comes of
it.

I've checked my registry settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\Lo
g4j

		CategoryCOunt = 0x00000008
		CategoryMesageFile = NTEventLogAppender.dll
		EventMesageFile = NTEventLogAppender.dll
		TypesSupported = 0x0000007

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be missing?