Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Gabriele Columbro <ga...@apache.org> on 2014/08/12 22:26:40 UTC

Dropping the -docs.zip release package

Hi all,

I want to propose that, post 0.12.0, we drop (and stop releasing) the
-docs.zip release package from the OpenCMIS release. Here are the
rationales:

1. The content of it is duplicated and mirrors stuff that is already
publicly available (javadocs, and site docs)

2. Javadocs are also much easily accessed via Eclipse / -sources.jar
packages in any IDE

3. This breaks the release process and would require work to streamline and
automate the release process

I really don't see any use for this package, so let me know if you agree
dropping it with the usual +1/-1 etc.

Thanks in advance,

Gab

--
Gabriele Columbro
Principal Architect, Consulting Services

*"Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue"*

Re: Dropping the -docs.zip release package

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
+1

I agree. If someone really needs the documentation offline, it's easy to
grab it from the website.

- Florian

Posted by "Huebel, Jens" <j....@sap.com>.
+1