Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com> on 2017/02/05 17:30:56 UTC

bin/post and self-signed SSL

Hi,

I’m trying to post a document to Solr using bin/post after enabling SSL with self signed certificate. Result is:

$ post -url https://localhost:8983/solr/sslColl *.html
/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/bin/java -classpath /opt/solr/dist/solr-core-6.4.0.jar -Dauto=yes -Durl=https://localhost:8983/solr/sslColl -Dc= -Ddata=files org.apache.solr.util.SimplePostTool lab-index.html lab-ops1.html lab-ops2.html lab-ops3.html lab-ops4.html lab-ops6.html lab-ops8.html
SimplePostTool version 5.0.0
Posting files to [base] url https://localhost:8983/solr/sslColl...
Entering auto mode. File endings considered are xml,json,jsonl,csv,pdf,doc,docx,ppt,pptx,xls,xlsx,odt,odp,ods,ott,otp,ots,rtf,htm,html,txt,log
POSTing file lab-index.html (text/html) to [base]/extract
SimplePostTool: FATAL: Connection error (is Solr running at https://localhost:8983/solr/sslColl ?): javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Do anyone know a workaround for letting bin/post accept self-signed cert? Have not tested it against a CA signed Solr...

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: bin/post and self-signed SSL

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Thanks for your answers. I was also able to work around it using cURL, but
we should obviously fix bin/post to be as smart as bin/solr in parsing env.variables
related to SSL and auth.

Re: 回复: bin/post and self-signed SSL

Posted by Kevin Risden <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by alias <52...@qq.com>.
[...]