Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by user08070101 <wo...@chowsangsang.com> on 2008/08/27 07:43:41 UTC

Can myfaces use the JSF RI implement?

HI,

My current JSF application use the Richfaces with RI implement. I want to
add myfaces components to my application. I have imported the
tomahawk-1.1.1.jar to my web-inb\lib and add the following code to my jsp
page:
<%@ taglib prefix="s" uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox" %>

However, the error "cannot find the tag library descriptor for
http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox" is shown.

How to fix the problem? Thanks

Re: Can myfaces use the JSF RI implement?

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.
Yep, if you want to use "sandbox" components, then the sandbox jar is
mandatory :-)

And I hope you really meant to say tomahawk-1.1.6, not tomahawk-1.1.1!

Regards, Simon

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by user08070101 <wo...@chowsangsang.com>.

Hi,

Fixed. It should import the tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT.jar  not only
the tomahawk-1.1.1.jar.

Thanks

Posted by user08070101 <wo...@chowsangsang.com>.
The error is thrown only when I import the sandbox jar file to my
web-inf/lib.

I extract the jar file and cannot found the LocationAware.class.

Posted by Jan Baumann <ja...@andrena.de>.

Posted by user08070101 <wo...@chowsangsang.com>.

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at>.
It looks like someone has made improvements to some sandbox components
which makes them dependent on tomahawk class LocationAware that is only
available in the tomahawk-1.1.7-SNAPSHOT release. The affected
components include:
* s:inputSuggest
* s:inputSuggestAjax

So in order to use the affected sandbox components, it is necessary to
use the current tomahawk trunk code. I *think* that if this component is
not used by an app then sandbox will still run with tomahawk 1.1.6.

Tomahawk 1.1.7 will hopefully be released within the next 4 weeks (but
no promises..).

Are you using s:inputSuggest or s:inputSuggestAjax?

You can get the latest tomahawk snapshot from

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/tomahawk/tomahawk-sandbox/1.1.7-SNAPSHOT/
or by checking out the code and building it yourself.

And as I pointed out in a different email, at the *least* you should be
using tomahawk 1.1.6, NOT tomahawk-1.1.1.

Regards,
Simon

Posted by user08070101 <wo...@chowsangsang.com>.

Hi,