Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2011/04/06 05:17:46 UTC

Does CXF 2.3.3 still have a dependency on geronimo-mail?

I am using maven and CXF 2.3.3, and it appears when I use
-- cxf-rt-bindings-soap
----cxf-tools-common
------cxf-rt-core
--------geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec.

Can I exclude this?

I saw there was an old bug on this:

I am trying to build a very thing client for an OSGi container and want to
know how many few jars I can include to do a service invocation with
JaxwsProxyFactoryBean.

Thanks...jay

Re: Does CXF 2.3.3 still have a dependency on geronimo-mail?

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
My comment inline
On 2011-4-6, at 上午11:17, jaybytez wrote:

> I am using maven and CXF 2.3.3, and it appears when I use
> -- cxf-rt-bindings-soap
> ----cxf-tools-common
> ------cxf-rt-core
> --------geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec.
>
> Can I exclude this?
>
> I saw there was an old bug on this:

No, you can't simply exclude it. As geronimo-javamail_1.4_spec provide
the javax.mail.* package which is used by cxf-rt-core and cxf-rt-
bindings-soap, not only the org.apache.geronimo.mail.util package
which isn't used in cxf code base now.

> I am trying to build a very thing client for an OSGi container and
> want to
> know how many few jars I can include to do a service invocation with
> JaxwsProxyFactoryBean.
I think the distribution/bundle/minimal/pom.xml[1] can indicate you
which package is necessary for a minimum dependency.
[1]https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/tags/cxf-2.3.3/distribution/bundle/minimal/pom.xml

Freeman

> Thanks...jay

Freeman Fang