Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie> on 2014/06/28 05:40:15 UTC

Downloading templates from HTTPS

Hi all,

I'm seeing the following error when trying to download a template from a
https site: (Loading the same url in my browser doesn't throw any ssl
issues.)

sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target

Other than downloading and serving the template on my own local webserver,
are there any workarounds?

Thanks,

Ian

Re: Downloading templates from HTTPS

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
> Not aware of any, see if something comes up in global settings.

Had a look through them didn't find anything that seemed related.

> We also have a limitation - that kinda bugs me, we are forced to use
either port 80 or 443, but lots of folks run webservers on non-standard
ports..

Yes, I have ran into this many times before. 8080 is allowed too.

It would be nice to see the ports specified via a global settings variable.
I think I recall conversation about this on the list a very long time ago.

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amogh Vasekar <am...@citrix.com>.
SSVM uses the java built-in certificates while forming the truststore. May
be the website is using a CA not bundled with standard Java?
To work around, you can probably go to the SSVM and add a trusted cert
entry in default Java truststore.

HTH
Amogh